My husband loves cinnamon, so naturally, I had to create a lectin-free, grain-free cinnamon muffin-in-a-bowl recipe, which I adapted from Dr. Gundry’s book The Plant Paradox. I made this recipe a bit more to our liking.
If you love cinnamon, you’ll love this quick and easy recipe. In fact, it’s so fast and easy that we often make variations of this basic muffin-in-a-bowl recipe on weekdays, at least once a week.
This muffin goes particularly well with coffee, in our opinion, if you’re a coffee drinker. I’m an occasional coffee drinker 🙂
Makes 1 serving
1 large egg, preferably pastured (I use pastured eggs from Vital Farms, which are available at most grocery stores in our area)
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon almond flour
1 tablespoon coconut flour
2 teaspoons Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener (or a natural sweetener of your choice)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon (we use Spicely® Organics True Cinnamon)
Pinch of salt (I use Himalayan pink salt for its mineral content)
- Whisk the egg, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sweetener, and salt in a small microwave-safe bowl or ramekin until well combined.
- Pour melted coconut oil into the bowl or ramekin and mix well.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Remove the bowl using oven mittens (it will be hot!)
- Top with grass-fed butter, extra cinnamon, and extra sweetener, if desired.
- Let cool for a minute and enjoy!
If this gluten-free muffin is a bit too dry for your taste, add a tablespoon of water to the ingredients in step 1.
Substitute strawberries for cinnamon to make a Strawberry Muffin In A Bowl version of this recipe.