My husband loves cinnamon, so naturally, I had to create a lectin-free, grain-free cinnamon muffin-in-a-bowl recipe that is Keto-friendly.
If you love cinnamon, you’ll love this quick and easy recipe. In fact, it’s so fast and easy that we often make variations of this basic muffin-in-a-bowl recipe on weekdays, at least once a week.
This muffin goes particularly well with coffee, in our opinion, if you’re a coffee drinker. I’m an occasional coffee drinker 🙂
Makes 1 serving
1 large egg, preferably pastured (I use pastured eggs from Vital Farms, which are available at most grocery stores in our area)
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon almond flour
1 tablespoon coconut flour
2 teaspoons low-carb sweetener (I use Lakanto® Classic White or Golden Monk Fruit Sweetener, which is available on Amazon.com)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon (I use Spicely® Organics True Cinnamon)
Pinch of salt (I use Himalayan pink salt for its mineral content)
- Whisk the egg, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sweetener, and salt in a small microwave-safe bowl or ramekin until well combined.
- Pour melted coconut oil into the bowl or ramekin and mix well.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Remove the bowl using oven mittens (it will be hot!)
- Top with grass-fed butter, extra cinnamon, and extra sweetener, if desired.
- Let cool for a minute and enjoy!
If this gluten-free muffin is a bit too dry for your taste, add a tablespoon of water to the ingredients in step 1.
Substitute strawberries for cinnamon to make a Strawberry Muffin In A Bowl version of this recipe.